Infant Feeding support (1)
Time & Location
About the event
This evidence based workshop aims to help you feel confident about feeding your baby. The workshop aims to cover all you need to know to start feeding your baby; learn about the first days and weeks and how to continue with confidence. We explore in detail all aspects of infant feeding and most importantly discuss some of the obstacles and how to overcome them.
Our infant feeding workshop is ideal for parents-to-be as well as new mums who may need some extra help and guidnace. All of our advice is evidence-based, UNICEF Baby Friendly Initiative accredited, to ensure you are getting the best advice to guide you in your baby’s feeding journey.
- Benefits of breastfeeding for mum and baby
- Understanding breastmilk – how it changes and why
- The supply and demand cycle of breastmilk
- Information on what a good latch and attachment is
- Different breastfeeding positions
- The feeding cues your baby expresses
- Tips on when your baby wont settle
- Your baby’s appetite and how it changes over time.
- Useful breastfeeding resources and information can be found via the Baby Friendly Initiative website - the gold standard for breastfeeding